We are a committed psychologists and psychotherapists with masters professionals in the clinical field and working throughout years with all populations: as children psychologists, adolescents psychotherapists and adults psychotherapists.
I am the manager of Etymon, II began to write this part, wondering What are we supposed to portray or depict of ourselves here?
I remember wanting to be a psychologist since when I was told by few loved friends of the childhood, about how well I listened or understood their “problems”. This was when i was yet a child, but since then soaked through and i even remembered these words when i had to decide a career to study.
My trajectory and formation has been the following one since then:
1. In 2006 i finished my Bachelor Degree in Psychology , by the Autonomous University of Madrid,with Upper Honours specialized in the Clinical and Educational field
2. In 2007 i studied a Master in Behavioral Therapy awarded by the Therapeutic Institute of Madrid, and imparted by the researcher Dr. Maria Xesus Frojan. There I completed research on individual cases and get recognition of psychologist Dublin.
I worked since then as social worker, family worker, child psychologist and in the private practice with a wide range of populations, which brings out flexibility and capacity of adaptation to the richness of what every individual brings in therapy as well (disability, addictions, children with learning difficulties, parental difficulties, adolescents in residential care etc. I do such contribution in the field of psychotherapy and Psychology)
3. When working privately with adults I realized that behavioural therapy was limited when trying to bring about the expected change clients wanted to experience. While looking for answers I understood or felt that the third-generation contextual therapies went further, that is, encompassing language and cognition, and how they entangle us generating the so-called “problems”. That is why I carried on the Master in Contextual Therapies: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and FAP (functional analythic psychotherapy) at the ACT Institute of Madrid between 2011-13. I must add the contextual therapies have been and are still probing long term outcomes and its international recognition increases in due time.
4. Between the period 2013-14 i studied the Master in Functional Analyses in Clinical Contexts ( specialized in the childhood area) by the Autonomous University of Almería, imparted by the internationally recognized researcher Carmen Luciano.
• From then on my professional career has traced a similar path, this time from Ireland: working as a social educator in disability, with adolescents in residential centers, assistant in special educational needs in schools, as teacher in early years and again in the private sphere as a psychologist for adults and children.
• I am full member of The Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) M-9859 and a Professional member of the Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ABCS)
Human nature, language, human behavior, and their suffering … they have always attracted me, they have moved me to wonder about them, to learn from them, as if they were particular mysteries of life, looking for answers; but also to do something else, in one direction …
Hope to be able to go and guide you as best as i can in your journey, by the hand