The client or patient are considered fully capable individuals to change. The patient is not passive but active in the whole process
Therapy requires unavoidably active practice from the part of the client who is seeking for a last change, this entails the practice in therapy but also outside the therapy room directly in your life and day to day.
Both, willing and Practice in time is key for a real change that last . For this reason and depending on each case each the psychologist propose tasks and practice that are not only important but essential for the change.
We first asses each individual case taking into account his/her own story life, the learning from the surrounding environment ( parents, school…), culture and the actual context in which the person lives which all influence and create, in time, the person the client is now: his-her values, beliefs, way of thinking , why they behave as they do, how the environment affects them as well in return, what they love and dream, what they fear and how do they respond to their biggest fears and values- dreams.
A good assessment is the root or base (essential pre-requisite ) for a successful intervention in the long way.
In the metaphor of our tree, understanding the story of the individual is getting to know the ground that nurtured the tree, how it was nurtured those ingredients , is getting to know its roots and why the tree grows or moves in the way it does nowadays, but also to know where it aims towards..
Assessing the above areas psychologically helps us to understand why the client suffers , why the problematic pattern is re-occurring and blocking or acting as “barriers” for other options/reactions (to be “flexible”) or to get what the client really wants…
Sometimes the client will think they want to incur again in the problematic pattern because they believe that by doing that they will get “what they want, what is expected, how things work or “should” work etc.”, to protect themselves from personal feared events, from rejection etc. and will come to the therapy, like all of us, blinded by our own “rigid” rules- beliefs.
Nevertheless, assessing can continue along the intervention when new information found or provided by the client, is relevant or change in any way the earlier analyses.
We do not deliver a rational explanation or theoretical assessment to the client unless they request it, instead of this, and while both, the client and the psychotherapist are immersed in the intervention, we approach the client session by session to bring awareness of him/her-self, the nature of “the problem” or suffering , why the pattern is perpetuated and the costs of incurring in it; through questions, metaphors, exercises and the use of language. This is a natural process or outcome throughout the therapy that is exercised by our expert psychotherapist.
Sometimes the client gets to understand the possible origin or causes of their suffering and pattern, but this is not always necessary for healing or getting to a significant change.
Therefore, part of the intervention will encompass necessarily:
- To bring awareness of one-self the person who you are
- By: experiencing, feeling and contacting with our own thoughts, emotions, believes, rules, fears… and the consequences of how we react. Through: questions, language (similar to mindfulness sometimes), metaphors, exercises psychotherapy Dublin face to face…
• Contacting with our own suffering, our fears, and problematic pattern brings naturally pain, is like when hurts opening our buried wounds or vulnerabilities, is like going to the dentist as this can be painful but part or hallway of the healing process, part of becoming more self-aware, wiser of what are our difficulties, our fears, personal barriers
When we are moved only to protect ourselves, to not feel the pain and to incur in the same pattern, at the same time therefore we are not moving towards other richer ways that would fulfill and heal the person we are in the long term
• Help the client to choose , with a “wide-far sight”: so when their difficult thoughts/emotions/barriers arise, make room for all before reacting to them in the same old way and allow themselves to see if they want once again to react in that way or.. if they would rather choose to react in another way… that could be: more connected in a long term way (further sight), in the direction towards what they value, love, dream and who they want to be.. and even when we fear and just want to protect ourselves.. beginning to react in a different way in the presence of our fears or barriers requires courage, do the jump.
- Find a meaning or purpose even to our most painful or feared thoughts/emotions/believes
- Practicing in therapy the alternative chosen patterns/reactions that trace a personal meaningful valued direction for the client; even when there is no certainty that we will get tangible or the expected results if they are not under our control
Practicing in and out of the therapy room, the actions/steps the chosen way is made of by the expert psychologist and psychotherapists at psychotherapy Dublin, psychology Dublin center.
All through the language, metaphors used, exercises, questions and through the context of the therapeutic relation, we succeed to get psychotherapy Dublin face to face objective.
Know the value of our expert how he gain by serving as Child psychology Dublin and psychotherapy Dublin reviews.
- As a professional psychotherapists and Psychologist our primary aim is the search for a personal satisfaction and grasp a meaning or sense of life in the long way which does not mean at all that life will be easier or free from pain.
- Unfortunately it will be no possible in most of the cases to eliminate the pain or suffering ( that our personal story brings naturally in the form of certain thoughts, rules and emotions), but is one of our aims to see and to react to the pain, differently: the pain will eventually be seen as an antecedent to react differently, to learn from it, constructing or walking in the direction that fulfills the client
- to learn to see what are the consequences ( in the short and long term) that, every action we take entails, and learn in time to choose more and more to react … maybe in another way… acting/giving steps towards ourselves towards the way one is towards your particularly horizon
When the client is capable
- to see his/her pattern is problematic for him/her, the consequences or the costs, what would give them sense or hope despite the pain, the fear, the…
- And begin to take enough actions, different reactions to the difficult antecedents (fears, rules or beliefs…) that are also constructive actions for oneself and the life or valued paths they want to follow
- When he/she learns how easy is to go back to the old ways/reactions how easy is ”to fall” in that way , even when we are aware of this,
is when we announce these changes to the client: how he/she can walk on his/her own knowing now the difficulties-the barriers but his/her way too (
- We will continue assessing when possible even after concluding the therapy: the first month after leaving the therapy, after 3 months, after 6 months, and one year after leaving the psychotherapy dublin.
An expert psychologist and psychotherapists for Children by a Child Psychologist, Adolescent, adult, and especially at very affordable prices for student and unemployed person, so get the services as psychotherapy dublin, & psychology dublin.
Our special offer and terms of service T&C at prices and conditions